Saturday, June 7, 2008

Scavenger Hunt Finding a Frame


Framing is always the last thing I think about, and I never seem to want to spend the money it takes to really show off my work with an expensive frame. It's not that I don't think the work is worth a good frame, it's that I can't rationalize the price tag. I'm sure there are other struggling artists with the same complaint. So to help in my quest to frame my work I was turned onto local auctions. I have now attended two such auctions, with the good fortune of winning some lovely old frames. It makes the purchase so much more satisfying as well as helps with my need to challenge myself. And the frames you find are often unique, I would recommend you try it sometime. But don't show up at my auctions, I don't want too many bids jacking up my price. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson said...

I would like to subscribe to your blog, do you have an RSS feed? I am interested because I am doing the same kind of art you are!

http://elizabethsthilairenelson.blogspot.com/